Monday, March 18, 2013

First Trip to the Lake

In October my parents moved out of south Florida (Hallelujah!) and up to a lake house outside of Knoxville, TN. We have been too busy (having a baby!) to visit before this past week. ODU was on spring break, so Stephen had a week of no students (one of the benefits of being a college professor)! We decided to make the 8 1/2 hour drive to the new lake house and our girls did great!! Leah has always been a great traveler and Rebekah slept most of the time, so we had a pretty peaceful trip. We had a great time relaxing and enjoying being at the lake. We can't wait for summer when it will be warm enough to enjoy being in the lake!

Happy at the lake
Grandpa and Nana with the girls
Sitting down by the water. This summer we'll be watching kids splash and play!
Daddy and his girls relaxing in the big chair (aren't they cute in their coordinating outfits?!)

No offense to Nana and Grandpa, but one of the best things happened at the end of the week. My Aunt Mary Lynn was going to drive over from Hot Springs, AR (from the other lake house) to see us and meet Rebekah. I was so excited that she was willing to do that and was thrilled to see her. But, those 2 sisters kept a big secret from me... My cousin Amanda and her 3 kids came with Aunt Mary Lynn! Amanda is like a sister to me and when we get together, its like no time has passed, so I was SOOO happy to see her. And it was my first time to meet her youngest, Camden, so it was just a special time.

Aunt Mary Lynn (Aunt Nana) and Abby with Rebekah
Amanda and Rebekah
The 2 Nanas and (some of) their grandkids

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like such a fun time and such a GREAT surprise!! And how excited am I that you have a reason to be near Knoxville? :) I'd love to see you sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love their little matchy outfits :o) I can get the boys to match now but it's just not the same as having two adorable girls like you do. They are so cute! Thanks for the update. We miss you guys and are glad to hear you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete