1. Leah lost a tooth! Yes, I know she has already lost teeth, but this time, it's because of the natural developmental process that the body goes through! And technically, this tooth is not the first that fell out naturally, but since we didn't see the first one come out and never found it, we are considering this week's to be the first! :) Seeing as Leah is not even 5 yet, we were a little concerned about her losing teeth, but the dentist assured us that it's okay and that some kids lose teeth early. This momentous occasion was marked with some sadness for us, though. For one thing, Leah doesn't understand what happened to her, and was very upset by the whole situation. And unfortunately, we can't explain to her (in a way that she will understand) that it's normal and okay. Also, we did not do any sort of tooth fairy thing. This is sad for us. It means nothing to Leah, so why do it? These kinds of milestones often bring back up the grief that will always exist for us in knowing that our little girl has a different life and won't do the things that other little girls will do.
2. Rebekah had her nine month check up. She weighed in at a whopping 17 lbs 1 oz, which is about the 28th percentile. Now that may not seem very big, but the doctor called her a butterball! She says that for Rebekah's height (27 1/2", the 30th percentile) and delicate frame, she is very plump. Rebekah did very well at the appointment and hardly cried at all when she got her shots. What a good girl!
3. Rebekah thinks she is a gator! Well, not really, but she does love to growl! Just in this past week, she has started taking turns in a growling conversation with us, and thinks it's just too funny! She is also starting to take turns with other sounds too, but growls are the best.
4. Rebekah is starting to cruise! She has been pulling up to standing for a while now, but in the last week, she has been pulling up on everything, all the time (including trying to stand up in the high chair at a restaurant!) and cruising while doing it. She has even been transitioning from the couch to the coffee table. The doctor said she thinks Rebekah could be walking by Thanksgiving!
5. We went to the pumpkin patch. We found one that gives you a "pumpkin barrow" and clippers to cut your own pumpkin from the patch. The place also had animals to pet, pony rides, hay rides, etc. The girls seemed to have a great time being outside, meeting the animals, and picking pumpkins.
|Mommy and the girls with the pumpkin barrow.|
|"What about this one?"|
|Cutest Pumpkin in the Patch!|
|Meeting the piggies. Leah was snorting like pigs!|
|Leah liked the pony. She said, "pat the pony."|
|Bekah was fascinated by all the chickens!|
|Leah loves being outside!|
|Two sweet girls|