- Rebekah is becoming more and more aware of the world everyday. This is most notable when you put her down on the floor. Don't take your eyes off of her for a second or she'll be gone! Already her favorite things to go for are outlets, Pippin, and the fireplace. I guess we're going to have to baby proof soon!
- She's still not crawling with belly off the floor, but that hasn't seemed to slow her down. She is very good at getting from sitting to laying, and back up. She pushes up onto all fours, and has occasionally made a couple of "crawling" moves before collapsing onto her belly. It won't be long before she's up and running, I just know it.
- She also really enjoys pulling hair, especially Mommy's hair. We're working on not being so mean ;) - She loves to play peek-a-boo, be tickled, and sing "lap songs" (like "Ride the Horsey, From Wibbleton to Wobbleton, and This is the Way the Lady Rides).
- One of the funniest things, though, is when Daddy points at her. Don't ask me why this is so funny. I guess, it's just their thing.
- Rebekah has also become extremely affectionate. She squeezes back when I hug her and she covers my face with baby kisses when I hold her close. I love every drop of baby slobber she leaves behind!
- Rebekah is becoming very proficient at self-feeding. Some of her favorites are: green beans, sweet potatoes, and cheerios. Your typical baby favorites! She is also very fascinated with eating utensils and wants to take them from us and feed herself. She still needs to work on figuring out which end goes in the mouth, though.
-I know I have talked about how happy Rebekah is before, but the best proof I have is this: in the last 2 weeks, Rebekah has had 5 teeth come in and hasn't made a peep about it. In fact, 2 of the 5 surprised me. I had noticed the other 3 and just looked one day and there was another tooth. I looked again in another couple of days and yet another tooth had poked through. The only way that I have been able to tell that anything is going on with her is that she has started getting up multiple times in the night. I'm hoping now that all of these have come through, things will settle down and she will go back to getting up only once (and maybe even dropping that one nighttime nursing!)
We love our Bekah Bunny and can't wait to see what this next month will bring!
|"I see you behind that camera, Mom!"|
|R is for Rebekah|