Tuesday, September 11, 2012

24 Weeks

Well, I am officially 24 weeks along in this second pregnancy and according to babycenter.com the baby is about the length of an ear of corn and weighs about a pound. I had my first doctor's appointment with my new doctor, here in Norfolk. Stephen came to this appointment with me so that we could both meet her and we both really liked her a lot. She seemed very friendly and we heard from a friend whose son was delivered by this doctor that she was a good coach during delivery. The baby's heart beat was strong and steady, and all of my vitals were good. I have officially gained enough weight to be heavier now than I was pre-pregnant (I'm one pound heavier than before)! I am starting to feel big and a little uncomfortable and I don't remember feeling this way, at this point, with Leah. It was a few years ago, so maybe I have just forgotten... or maybe this is going to be a big baby. Leah has been the smallest of all of the Burgin grandchildren at 8 lbs 2 oz, maybe this next one wants to take the title! I hope not, though. May Anna Kate ever reign as the record holder in that area (She was over 10 lbs!)! I would be content with another petite 8 lbs baby! Only time will tell... In the meantime, here is a picture of me at 24 weeks:


This was the best picture of me, that I could find, from around 24 weeks with Leah. I look about as big, so maybe I just don't remember feeling big at this point!

No comments:

Post a Comment