Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!


Leah loves her daddy, and with good reason. He's a good daddy to love. There are a lot of things that we could say about what a wonderful father Stephen is, here are just a few:

Leah's Top Five Reasons Why Daddy's So Awesome
1. He always wants to snuggle with me.
2. He lets me stay up late (or at least tries to get Mommy to let me).
3. He tickles me till I can't breathe.
4. He lets me look at the computer with him.
5. He whispers funny secrets to me.

Mommy's Top Five Reasons Why Daddy's So Awesome
1. He has worked very hard during these past few years (wrote a novel) to be able to provide for our family, so that I can now stay home.
2. He has taken Leah to school, therapy appointments, and doctor's appointments (mostly by himself) and never complained about having to make his schedule work around Leah's.
3. He really loves being with Leah. He wants to get her out of bed in the morning, he wants to snuggle with her on the couch, he wants to hold her and cuddle with her if she cries.
4. He gets Leah in the mornings and tries to be very quiet so that I can get a little extra sleep.
5. He prays with and for Leah - for her development, her future, and that she will one day come to know Jesus as her Lord (and for the new baby).

1 comment:

  1. Very nice tribute to my first born son! That's my Stephen and I am so proud of the wonderful Daddy he is to Leah and soon to baby Burgin#2!

    ReplyDelete