Sunday, June 2, 2013

Mother's Day (a little late!)

I totally forgot to blog about Mother's Day!! And this was an extra special one, too... Not only did I get to spend Mother's Day with my mom, it was also my first as a mom to 2 children. And, Rebekah was dedicated on Mother's Day. Definitely blog-worthy!

First, let me say how much I love my mom. I am so thankful that God gave me to her. She is truly a selfless person, always willing to go, do, give, whatever you need. I always know I can rely on her when I'm in need. She's sweet and fun to be around, too. I don't think there's anyone who doesn't love my mom, and I'm the lucky one who gets to call her mom. Thank you Lord for my mom.

I am doubly blessed because I also have a mother-in-law who I love very much as well. She is also a giving person, with one of the biggest servant's hearts. She is extremely proud of, loyal to, and protective of each member of her family. She is almost always thinking of one of us and how she can help to make our lives a little easier.

I have a lot to learn from my two special moms and I pray that God gives me MANY years to learn from and love them.

This was also my first Mother's Day as a mom to two children and it was a special one. We dedicated Rebekah to the Lord and promised to do our best to provide her with a home where the Gospel is lived out in the hopes that someday she will come to know Jesus as her savior. I know that any other mother's of multiple children already know this truth, but it is amazing how God created our hearts to be so filled with love for our first child and then miraculously our hearts expand to include love for another child. And somehow, the love isn't divided between the two, but rather multiplied. It's amazing to think that you can love more than one person so deeply. I feel so blessed to have these 2 precious girls to call my own.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you, my sweet Rachael, for your love! I am so proud to be your Mommy! And I'm so proud of the Mommy you are becoming! Your sweet girls are so blessed to have you leading them to be wonderful women of God. I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete