Thursday, February 7, 2013

1 Month Old!

It's hard to believe that Rebekah is 1 month old! In some ways it seems like she's been in our family forever. Our adjustment to having a second child has been much easier than I thought it would be. I think that a lot of it is because I'm not working, so I don't have that added stress. I am so grateful that I am able to stay home with my girls. It also helps that Rebekah is pretty easy going. We have always described Leah as being a contented baby. I would describe Rebekah as being a happy baby. She is often smiling and happily cooing. And, Leah's adjustment to having a baby sister has been very easy, too - she hasn't adjusted. This is a bittersweet thing for us. Leah still hasn't really acknowledged Rebekah, which means we haven't had any jealousy issues, or had to keep Leah from poking or messing with the baby. But, it also means they haven't even begun to bond yet. We are confident that they will, and that it will most likely be Rebekah who initiates the relationship between the two. It's just going to be a while.

In this first month of life, we have learned a lot about Rebekah. Besides being happy, she is also very alert. She likes to look around at everything that's going on, and really enjoys looking at the 3 black and white photos that are hung above the couch in our living room. She is a healthy eater and is growing like a weed! We have her one month check up on Friday, so we'll have specific stats then. She is also becoming a really good sleeper. At night, she is only waking up twice and is going right back to sleep after nursing. During the day, she naps well, though it's hard to convince her that she should be napping by herself! She really loves to be held and snuggled! And now, a few pics!


Happy girl
Baby stretches are sooo cute!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pictures! The baby stretch is super cute. And that little duckie gown was one of my favorites with both of my girls! Thanks for letting us borrow it for a couple years!

    ReplyDelete