Sunday, October 14, 2012

Update on Leah at School

Well, Leah has been in school now for more than 2 months and is really liking her school. She knows where she is when we walk in the door and is happy to be there. The school has a walker that they have provided for Leah to use while in school. After some resistance, she is using the walker again! However, she walks EXTREMELY slowly with it. I guess it's her way of saying, "Fine, I'll use it, but I'm gonna use it my way!" You gotta love this girl who knows what she wants! Here is a pic of her at school in her walker:

Another great thing at school is that Leah was chosen to be the Student of the Month for her class!  Every month a student is chosen from each class and then there is a special celebration that parents are invited to, where the kids are honored. The Students of the Month also get to have a special treat with the principal. We are so proud of our little girl who has obviously impressed her teachers with her determination and strong spirit! On one of the bulletin boards in the hallway at school is a display of information sheets about each student. Below is a pic of Leah's. In case you can't read it, it says: "Hello! My name is Leah! I am three years old. This is my first year at Easton Preschool. I like manipulating my braille books and light up toys. I like walking with my teachers and playing on the playground. I enjoy sliding on the slide!" They seem to know our girl pretty well!!

2 comments:

  1. Not only is Leah a cool kiddo but at least one of her great parents is also a great writer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome blog. Leah is so cute and we are so proud of her. Thank you for blogging and give Leah a hug from Great Grandpa and Great Grandma B.

    ReplyDelete